Sushi is a healthy Japanese form of food. For centuries, this kind of food has been devoured by people in Japan and Japanese food lovers all across the globe. If you are planning a vacation in the serene surroundings of Hawaii then chances are that you will come across a plethora of places which offer sushi and various versions of the same. In order to have the Best sushi Honolulu has on offer, you need to decide from the ranges of options available, keeping the following things in mind.
So, here are 5 things you need to know about the best sushi in Honolulu
• Stay Clear Of A Few Fish: Though sushi is known for being treated with fresh raw fish, one needs to keep an eye on the kind of fish on offer. When you are in Hawaii you are under the impression that almost all kinds of fish on offer are fresh. In reality, you need to steer away from varieties like Chilean Sea Bass, white tuna, and snapper from regular sushi joints. The only places where you can try these options are 5-star restaurants.
• Stay Away From Soy: In the case of Chinese food, we are over dependent on soy sauce. However, in a case of Japanese food, the tastes are so subtle that a strong sauce like soy will spoil the whole experience. You might happen to walk into various Conveyor belt sushi Honolulu joints where on a conveyor belt loads of sushi options and condiments are offered to the eater. The trick is to stay away from the urge of dipping your sushi in the soy sauce as it will overpower the other ingredients and spoil your experience on the whole.
• Choose The Wasabi With Care: Most of the sushi restaurants in Hawaii offer wasabi along with the wide array of sushi. As a customer, please have the wasabi with extra care. It is extremely pungent in nature and you need to consume it in extremely small amounts to ensure that the other subtle elements present in the sushi stay intact. So, in case you want to have wasabi, ensure that you have it in miniscule quantity.
• Choose The Best Parts Of A Fish: Just as a meat is known for its cuts, fish is also known for its various cuts that enhance its flavors. If you are looking for fabulous sushi in Honolulu then choose the fish cuts with care. The ideal fish cut that is most suitable for sushi is kama- toro also known as the collar or cheek of the fish.
• Choose Your Drink Wisely: The combination of a flute glass filled with bubbly champagne and opaque fish sushi on your plate is a marriage made in heaven. Champagne, when paired with rice and vinegar, tastes heavenly. So, next time you are out on a quest to have the best sushi Honolulu has on offer, always team it up with champagne.
Keep the above points in mind when choosing a great place to devour on some yummy delectable sushi’s while on a vacation in Hawaii.